Every week, the EUR-Roadrunners host two trainings:
- On Monday, we train on the athletics track of PAC (Langepad 16, 3062CJ, Rotterdam).
- On Wednesday, we start at Erasmus Sport (Burgemeester Oudlaan 50, 3062PA, Rotterdam), and leave to varying places in Rotterdam to do a road training.
The dressing rooms open at 18:30, and both trainings start at 18:45. The trainings are accessible and challenging for runners of every level.
As said above, the trainings are accessible and challenging for everyone, as we train in different groups: beginners, 5km, 10km (run or race), and long distance. The groups are not fixed, each training you can decide yourself which program you want to follow. On Monday, each group has their own program, and on Wednesday we usually split in two separate groups.
To improve your running the most efficient way we have an year plan which we use to make a trainings schedule every few months for the coming weeks. The year plan consist in 4 periods:
- Preparation period 1: building our base with core exercises and building up our kilometers.
- Preparation period 2: more technique and focus on speed.
- Races period: where we lower the kilometers but keep running on speed.
The weekly base is as followed:
- On Monday: we do short intervals on the track and focus on the technique. We also do core exercises during the warming up.
- On Wednesday: longer interval to improve Cardiovascular fitness.
- In the weekend: you need to do your own endurance run to improve capillary and mitochondrial density.
There are some exceptions like for the beginners group and for the marathon runners. In the weekend we regularly join road races, cross country and relay races. You would be informed at the regular trainings, or by website and mail.
We currently have 2 trainers, Joris and Pascal. During each training, one trainer will be the main trainer for the day, and if the other trainer is present he will assist the main trainer or join the training, depending on the group size.
Joris Wulfert (left), member since 2007, treasurer in 2011/2012, secretary in 2012/2013, and trainer since may 2018! Joris has ran the marathon within 3 hours, and is besides that known for joining insanely long races, such as a 6-hour race, or the 100 km ultrarun in Winschoten.
Pascal den Hartog (right). He became a member in 2005, was the secretary in 2006/2007, race secretary in 2011/2012 and finally returned in 2020 to become our trainer! Pascal is a very good cook, active in the Rotterdam running community and was involved in organizing the very first parkrun in the Netherlands!
If you have any questions you can contact them at email@example.com